Here you will find tools, resources and tips on various financial topics. You can explore everything from buying your first car to planning for your retirement. Here’s to you for taking steps to increase your financial education!
Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is an organization that promotes financial literacy at all ages. It primarily works to educate and prepare our nation’s youth for life-long financial success. They are committed to providing a broad variety of resources and personal finance education materials for groups and individuals. Click here to learn more about Jump$tart.
- Savvy Money Checkup
In just minutes, analyze your financial situation, understand your cash flow, and know where you stand with your debt. With this simple tool, you can learn how to build a budget, compare debt payoff strategies, and get tips on how to be better with your money.
You’re just a click away from a powerful resource for getting a handle on your debt. It’s called SavvyMoney Checkup, and it’s a free member resource designed to help you have a clearer understanding of your financial health. With SavvyMoney Checkup, you’ll learn how to pay down your debt, create a personalized budget, monitor your spending, and more. You’ll even get all the resources you need to track your spending and live within your budget.
SavvyMoney Checkup takes you through an anonymous, 15-minute questionnaire to organize your information on income, debt, and expenses. Simply answer a few questions about your income and current debts. In just minutes, you will receive a thorough analysis of your financial situation, including powerful tips by leading financial experts to help you control your debt and build a budget, and start living the life you want to live. You’ll also receive suggestions as to how you can save money at the credit union.
- Free financial assessment tool
- Complete the assessment in just a few minutes
- Absolutely secure and private
- Receive thorough analysis of your financial situation
- Obtain tips from leading financial experts
- Control your debt, build a budget and gain financial freedom
Your privacy will be completely respected since you won’t have to disclose any personal identifying information. Best of all, it is FREE!
So, if you’re not a financial doctor, get a financial checkup by trying SavvyMoney Checkup. Soon, you’ll be on the road to a financially healthy tomorrow. Click here to get started!
- Financial Tips
How to Create a Budget:
- Start by setting financial goals
- Build your goals into a budget
- Include your income and expenses
- Be sure not to forget periodic and irregular expenses
- Track your spending for 30 days to see if you underestimated
- Analyze your expenses to prioritize your needs versus wants
- Set aside funds to cover anticipated expenses
- Total everything and decide if you need to:
- Decrease your spending
- Increase your income
- Seek financial counseling through the credit union if you need help!
How to Improve Your Credit:
- Pay your bills on time and use alerts to ensure you don’t miss your due dates
- Pay down your debt
- Apply for a secured loan from the credit union. Cash collateral is required but it can build and prove good credit repaying habits.
- Consider a secured credit card by putting up your own money as a deposit with the credit union
- Obtain a credit limit that is realistic for you. Ask to have your limit lowered if the additional credit could be an unnecessary temptation causing mismanagement or credit trouble
- Consider taking advantage of the free credit reviews available to you from the credit union. To make an appointment email email@example.com or call 502.964.7575.
Banzai! is a game where students can learn about real life financial scenarios and how to manager their finances in a fun and engaging way!
Have some fun with finances by clicking below: